Lower Your Risk of Diabetes

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I read an article on Prevention.com today that said eating one tablespoon of peanut butter five times a week can lower your risk of diabetes by 20 to 30%. Diabetes runs in my family: my mother and my sister have it, my mother's sister and their mother had it, and my oldest daughter has been diagnosed as pre-diabetic. I get tested every few years just to make sure everything's okay, and my last test showed no problems at all. Even though I often go several days in a row without any peanut butter, I probably consume more than all of them put together. If only we had known about this amazing benefit before they developed diabetes!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my latest favorite snacks has been apple slices and peanutbutter... so yay for this news!!!