Guest Post by Kim from Kimmi's Krazy World

Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Family Couldn’t Live Without Peanut Butter!

We go through a huge jar of peanut butter about every 3 weeks. It’s always Peter Pan Creamy … that’s our favorite! My husband has a PB sandwich almost everyday of the week for lunch. You would think that would get old … but not to him. On top of that, he eats it sometimes at night on graham crackers or in a milkshake. Anything with PB in it is his favorite dessert. He has kidney stones, which PB is bad for … but he eats it anyway!

Our dog Noel even gets treated every morning with a spoonful of peanut butter. She won’t take her pill unless it is wrapped in a big lump of peanut butter. Trust me, I’ve tried to wrap it in something else and she just snarls her nose and walks away.

Now as for me…. I love peanut butter, but maybe not quite as much as those two. However, I do use it for more than just eating. Some wonderful tricks I have learned to use peanut butter for are: Getting chewing gum out of my daughter’s hair, baiting a mouse trap, removing glue from fabric, and my all time favorite is adding a spoonful of it to a pan after frying fish … it absorbs the smell that usually stays in your house forever!

Our favorite peanut butter recipe is the Peanut Butter Crunch Bars. They are so simple and easy to make. They never last more than an hour in our house.

Peanut Butter Crunch

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 cut smooth peanut butter
10 cups cornflake cereal

Cook syrup and sugar until mixture comes to a boil. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Pour mixture over cornflakes in a large bowl. Mix until the cereal is thoroughly coated. Then spread in a buttered 9x13 inch pan and press down lightly. When it cools, cut into squares.


I hope you have enjoyed my guest post for The Peanut Butter Blog.
Please remember to check out my blogs at
www.kimmiskrazyworld.com
www.talktimewithkim.com
www.kimskountrykitchen.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, peanut butter. brings back memories of the sandwiches i used to enjoy back when i was a kid.

quite a lucky dog you've got there. :)