Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake

Friday, September 5, 2008

Mr. Peanut Butter's birthday was last weekend, so the kids and I made him a peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake. I wish I could share a photo of it with you, but the cheesecake disappeared before I could get the camera set. Yes--it was that good! I'll share my recipe, but you may want to make two of them. Seriously. You've been warned.

Ingredients
2 8-oz pkg cream cheese
3/4 c granulated sugar
3 eggs
4 squares semisweet baking chocolate
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c peanut butter*
1-1/2 tbsp flour
1/4 c milk
1 prepared graham cracker or chocolate pie crust

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix one package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla until blended. Add 1 egg and mix. Melt chocolate squares and stir into batter. Spread evenly in bottom of prepared pie crust.
In a separate bowl, mix the other package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, the peanut butter, and the flour until blended. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Stir in milk. Pour evenly over chocolate layer.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.
When cool, garnish with chopped peanut butter cups, bits of chocolate bars, chocolate syrup, or whatever strikes your fancy.

* I always use a bit more for extra peanut buttery goodness

8 comments:

PurrPrints said...

For those (like me) with a dairy allergy--you can make a really yummy peanut butter and chocolate faux cheescake this way (even my hates--all-things-dairy-free hubby loves this one, which is definitely saying something).

Melt 3/4 cup dark chocolate (dairy free) chips

Drop into blender on top of one cube of extra soft mori-nu tofu (the kind you don't have to refrigerate--I've tried other brands and they don't taste as good as this one for this recipe).

Add half a cup peanut butter (yay!).

Blend until smooth.

Pour into cookie crust.

Set in fridge until firm (about half an hour to an hour)

Try not to eat all in one sitting ;)

BeadedTail said...

Now that got my attention!!

Lidian said...

This sounds both festive and divine!Also yummy -

tahtimbo said...

This sounds fantastic! There is nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter. This recipe combines both and takes it up a notch. This one is a must do! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness this is sinful. I had to copy and paste it into a document. I will be making it for sure.

Karen and Gerard said...

Oooh this sounds very good! I just got some chocolate covered peanut brittle that is delicious! I guess I just like the peanut butter-chocolate combination in anything!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Wow peanut butter brownies. I wish I had come earlier I needed a sweet treat but had no milk.

Unknown said...

Ooh! I love peanut butter and cheesecake and that is truely a wonderful way to make a cheesecake out of peanut butter. Now, I feel like I'm in heaven.