Stealing Peanut Butter From the Dead

Monday, November 17, 2008

British comedian Russell Brand has admitted to grave robbing. Did he take something valuable? Jewelry perhaps? No.

During his recent appearance on the Late Show, he told host David Letterman that he took peanut butter from the grave site of writer Jack Kerouac. "Around his grave were all manner of tributes left by well-wishers. Some people had left things like a book of poems or flowers, more conventional, but someone had left a jar of peanut butter. That's no use to you in the afterlife, is it? I was hungry. I took it. I asked the crew, 'is that respectful to steal from a grave?' I was able to argue that in the spirit of the beat, in the spirit of rebellion and revolution he wouldn't mind if I had that peanut butter. So I took it."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so weird, wrong, funny, hilarious!

Anonymous said...

that is odd

Rob Monroe said...

That is a bit strange, but seems to fit his personlity.

Michele P. said...

Just wanted to let you know I blogged about my creamy peanuts! Boy, were they good! Sorry to hear the sponsor had an accident though, hope she opens again really soon!

http://motheroftwoyesposahermosa.blogspot.com/2008/11/sweet-dreams-of-sugary-kind-that-is.html

Michele

Goddess Bella Donna said...

That was funny, made me laugh.

Wendy said...

I just found your blog today sort of by accident, but what a hilarious topic for a blog. (No, really, I do take you seriously, honest!)

Keep at it. I love it! :)

Michele P. said...

Just got your comment on my blog, sure you can post my review-no problem with that, glad you enjoyed it because I know I enjoyed those creamy peanuts :)

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi I am new to your blog and I just wanted to say how much I’m loving it

cinabar said...

i love peanut butter... but that's just wrong!!! :-D

WW Recipes said...

Well there you go...next generation of ways of getting food or whatever:)))...funny guy