A New Superhero

Wednesday, June 25, 2008


Kathy Jeffords, also known as KJ, is the genius behind Peanut Butter Girl. I love her determined, no-nonsense expression, and her superhero costume is pretty sweet. I asked KJ about Peanut Butter Girl's origin:

One day, I was thinking of my grandma, who passed away when I was in high school, and how a friend of hers used to call me Peanut Butter Girl when I was little.
And it just hit me that Peanut Butter Girl kind of sounded like a superhero name. And of course, a superhero named Peanut Butter Girl HAS to have a jelly-related sidekick, right?


KJ's favorite peanut butter is Peter Pan Honey Roasted -- and it's gotta be crunchy! And she shared her favorite peanut butter "recipe":

take some peanut butter, take some Cool Whip . . . (quantities are totally up to your personal taste) -- mix'em up and stick it in the freezer for about an hour. It is heavenly. You don't have to freeze it -- you can eat it immediately -- but freezing it makes it so much better!




You can find Peanut Butter Girl prints at The Dreamy Giraffe.

2 comments:

Deb DiSalvo said...

LOVE it!!! Love reading your blog!
Cheers,
Deb

Julie said...

She is really cool--love her!