Cheeseburgers with Peanut Butter

Friday, July 11, 2008


One of my recent posts received a comment along the lines of "Is nothing sacred?". That pretty much sums up how I feel about this "PB Triple Play" burger, available at Carson's Sports Grille in Maryville, Missouri. They took a perfectly good burger, added Monterey Jack cheese and bacon--so far, so good--then added peanut butter. I think we all know how much I love peanut butter. And I love a good burger, but have never let the thought of adding peanut butter to it enter my mind. Apparently, as the cheese melts the peanut butter becomes soft and gooey, and the resulting taste is supposed to send your mouth to Nirvana. Hmmm.

If you've been to Carson's Sports Grille and had this burger, or have had something similar, please share. I am not up to trying this one out, but if it's truly that good I might have to at least let the thought of trying it pass through once or twice.

7 comments:

Ms. O. D. said...

PB on hamburger sounds disturbing... but the way its described (soft and gooey) I can see it working! Now I'm so curious!

Anonymous said...

I bet it tastes good. I mean, it is good on chicken, so why not?

Also, Maryville, Missouri is getting some love today! First I heard it mentioned during the Royals game, one of the players is from there, and now a mention on The Peanut Butter Blog. This must be their biggest day since.... ever.

Irish Mom said...

I am not sure I could stomach that... but it may be surprisingly good!!

Petula said...

Uh... is ugh a good response? LOL. No, I don't think I would try this either!

Karen and Gerard said...

Eww. I wouldn't want to try that!

Nessa said...

Ok, i aree, that's going wayyyyyyyyyy too far. I'm a new reader to your blog so you may have this recipe already, but i have a fave from allrecipes.com that is fantastic for anyone who loves peanut butter. Just search for peanut butter popcorn there. It's absolutely to die for.

Nikasha said...

There is a restaurant in MN that has a similar burger. My husband and his friend tried it on the advice of the waiter, (I guess they were hungry enough to try anything) and I was told that despite how awful it sounds, it was indeed the best burger my husband had ever had.