Wash Your Mouth (with a PBJ?)

Wednesday, July 9, 2008


This soap makes me smile every time I look at it! Yes, it's soap, in the form of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's actually four individual soaps, so you can use them all together or just wash with bread if you feel like it. I know that some of you (yes Travel Beggar, I mean you) avoid soaps that look like they might be edible. But for everyone else--you have absolutely got to check out this soap!

These are handcrafted by a 3rd grade teacher in Oklahoma who started making soaps for her own children because her little one has such dry and sensative skin. She started making them fun soaps--bath time is more fun with a fun soap, right?--and it has grown from there. She's been making soaps for almost four years now, has sold them on eBay and now on Etsy at Sugarlane Soaps.

I heard a rumor that Sugarlane will also have food candle tarts. I'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

w said...

lol. seems we both like soap that looks like food.

Roger DJ said...

I can't believe there is a Peanut Butter Blog! My wife would laugh if she saw this. I'm always digging into the peanut butter jar at home. Does the soap have that peanut butter smell?

Anonymous said...

Roger, you took the words right out of my head...what about the smell?

Anonymous said...

This could make things easier when they swear and it's time to wash out their mouth soap. :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, yes there is a peanut butter scent..the jelly is scented grape jelly and the bread has a sugary smell. We try to match the smells as close as possible to the real food item. Glad yall liked it!

Petula said...

This is pretty cool... although I may want to keep this away from my 1 year old! LOL