Clean Your Car with Peanut Butter

Sunday, July 27, 2008

As I was blog surfing today I came upon this post at Pookie and the Boys. I'd never heard of using peanut butter to remove automobile wax from plastic and rubber, but apparently it works.

I have heard that it works to remove sticky sap from your car's paint. Cover the sap with peanut butter and leave it for about 10 minutes. Rub it off with a soft cloth, and not only will your car be free of sap, it will smell good too!

Peanut butter can also remove water marks from finished furniture, and to clean leather. I've heard it can be used to help remove chewing gum from fabric or hair, but I've never had any luck with it in a gum battle.

If you know of any other non-food uses for peanut butter, please share!

8 comments:

none said...

I've never tried some of these suggestions, but I do know that peanut butter works really well for removing the sticky labels from new dishes, plastic ware, etc.

Teresa said...

Great tips! I will try them next time! Gotta go get some peanut butter! :)

My Blog: Growing Piggy Bank

Patricia Rockwell said...

I vaguely remember hearing about using peanut butter for cleaning gunk off cars.

Anonymous said...

OMG, it seems you can go on and on and on about the many uses of peanut butter. Unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

I want someone else to try this first. I am afraid that I will open the car the next morning and will be greeted by a bunch of ants. Let me know if you have tried it!

Karen and Gerard said...

This is definitely not something my husband would want to use on his car. Good to know it works for removing sticky labels from things though. That I will keep in mind. Thanks for the tip, Doug!

Anonymous said...

Amazing tip! Does it work?

Sarah Enriquez said...

Wow! i should give that a try some time. never heard of it! thanks. i love peanut butter! can i bookmark your site? :)