Famous People and Peanut Butter: Hubert Humphrey

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I worked in publishing during an earlier chapter of my life. We did a number of books about politics and presidents, and I picked up a fair amount of useless trivia. Here's your trivia for today:

“My favorite sandwich is peanut butter, baloney, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and mayonnaise on toasted bread with catsup on the side.”
--former Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey
Now there's a combination I never would have dreamed of. If any of you are daring enough to try it out (and survive!), please let us know how it tastes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, I think I could go for the peanut butter/bologna/cheese on toast combo. Not the lettuce and mayo, though. That seems a bit much...

Glad you enjoyed my Christmas in July links - thanks for stopping by!

Deb DiSalvo said...

OMG -- that about makes me want to throw-up! I'm interested to see if anyone tries it!
Cheers,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Ok, that may be just about the worst combo I've ever heard of - and I'm pretty open minded about mixing peanut butter with weird things in sandwiches.

The best odd combo?

A peanut butter, apple, and bacon sandwich on toast. Try it, you'll love it! And kids love it, too!

HawgWyld said...

Now, I don't want to go out on a limb here, but I'd wager you kind of like peanut butter.

A little bit.

Maybe.

I've been enjoying reading your site as I find it intriguing. Keep it up. I'll make sure to visit often ;)

The Natural State Hawg