Skippy Natural Peanut Butter

Monday, July 7, 2008


I have to say, this tastes pretty good. It has a strong peanutty taste. The fact that it doesn't need stirring or refrigeration is a huge plus. I hate stirring natural peanut butter, I always make a mess and end up with an oily jar, and the peanut butter is never properly mixed. Chilled peanut butter is difficult to stir and to spread. Skippy Natural contains no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, but for some reason it contains palm oil. And sugar. Coming from a big brand, it's a bit easier to find in the stores than many natural peanut butters, and given the choice between Skippy Natural and a jar with hydrogenated oils, I'll take Skippy Natural any day. It did work really well in the PBJ cheesecake. I'd love to hear about your favorite brand of "healthy" peanut butter, so feel free to let me know in a comment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Smart Balance Peanut butter yet. It is pricey, but really delicious and healthy with the Omega-3. That is our favorite.

Anonymous said...

MMm I wish we had those in Norway. We only have 1 type. :(

Anonymous said...

Smart Balance is my favorite! Creamy for sandwiches, crunchy for eating right out of the jar. Mmmmm.

Matthew S. Urdan said...

skippy natural is right up there with JIF in my book, maybe even better. Smuckers natural is also very good.

WhoIsMarc? said...

I love skippy :) Reminds me of my mom who used to pack my meal for school :(

Lucky Girl said...

Thanks for the tips--I'm adding Smart Balance to my shopping list!

Anonymous said...

I have always thought that I was the biggest peanut butter fan around - but coming across your site, I now know I am wrong. I am elated to know, however, there is a band of us feelow peanut butter lovers out there! I do feel ashamed, I have never heard of natural peanut butter - now I must do some research. I only eat Skippy, is there such another brand? :-D But now knowing there is a Natural Skippy, I will definitely do some shopping around! I love your site, will definitely be back!

Nikasha said...

I love Maranatha brand. I have noticed that in general, with nut-butters, if you get raw, instead of roasted, it stays mixed and spreadable, even in the fridge. Try it out.